Negotiation is a part of life.
From the workplace to politics to personal interactions, everything involves negotiation.contact us
Redefine How You Think About Negotiation.
In your personal and professional life, you’ll find that cultivated negotiation skills foster better relationships and ultimately, more successful results.
The best things in life are on the other side of difficult conversations. This statement serves as the foundation for everything we do here at the American Negotiation Institute. The way we see it, if you have difficult conversations, you are a negotiator. So it’s not a question of whether or not you negotiate — it’s just a question of whether or not you are doing it well.
People often associate negotiation with conflict. At ANI, we think of negotiation as “any conversation where somebody in the conversation wants something.”
It’s as simple as that. Negotiation permeates most areas of our personal and professional lives. No matter what industry you’re in, or where you are in life, the tools of negotiation can help you improve your situation.
Negotiation training with ANI offers not only psychology-based theories of negotiation, but also actionable tactics for improving negotiation skills.
Workshop: Harnessing the Power of Anchoring
Anchoring is by far the most powerful negotiation tool. It’s the best way to maximize your deal value. The question isn’t whether an anchor is being used well, it’s whether it’s being used strategically.
- Define anchoring and understand the difference between anchoring strategies and tactics
- Learn how and when to make your offer
- How to defend your offer without being combative
- How to use anchoring throughout your negotiation
Workshop: The Art of Asking Questions
Questions are essential to gathering information. Information is essential to successful negotiations. Asking the right questions at the right time can mean tremendous gains in leverage. In this workshop attendees will learn the power of tone and cadence and discover practical tools to enrich the information gathering process.
- Understanding and avoiding the barriers to asking questions during negotiations
- Knowing when and how to ask “open” versus “closed” questions
- How to gather information while building trust
- Silence as a tactic for gaining critical information
Workshop: Mastering Modern Negotiations | Strategies for Online Communication
This workshop will help attendees master the nuances, challenges, and opportunities that come with virtual negotiation.
- How to successfully negotiate despite barriers to communication
- Building a strategic preparation plan for virtual negotiations
- Maximizing value through email, phone and video conference conversations
- Identifying the appropriate communication channels and when to use them
Build Unity. Drive Results.
Discover a corporate curriculum that will level up your organization’s performance.
Whether you are looking for a customized solution for your team’s specific challenges, seeking to create internal cultural harmony, or are interested in booking a keynote for your next event, the American Negotiation Institute has the expertise to provide you with bespoke solutions.